September 10th is World Suicide Prevention Day, and co-founder Brittani Miller has decided to run a contest as she continues to raise awareness for suicide and mental health. We are seeking poems, essays, and flash fiction regarding the topics of suicide and mental health. The best submissions will be published on CentraLit, and our top two favorites will receive a WSPD prize pack put together by Brittani (see below prize section for details).
– Please follow normal Submission Guidelines (click here to view) for all pieces submitted, including cover letters
– Contest entries are due by 11:59pm on September 5th; however, pieces can still be submitted for regular publication.
– Please provide content/trigger warnings as appropriate to your pieces
– Email all entries to email@example.com with the subject line “WSPD Contest 2020”
– You may enter multiple times, but will not be eligible for multiple prize packs
– By submitting a contest entry, you are granting CentraLit permission to post winning entries to our website. Entries not selected as winners may still be considered for publication and will be contacted accordingly; additionally, you are certifying that your piece has not be previously published and meets all of our regular submission guidelines.
– Two (2) winners will be selected from eligible entries to win a WSPD prize pack consisting of one (1) TWLOHA 2020 World Suicide Prevention Day poster, one (1) TWLOHA “Worth Living For” sticker, and one (1) orange semicolon keychain from local business Holland’s Raydiant Creations (total prize value approx. $15)*
* TWLOHA and Holland’s Raydiant Creations are not sponsors of this contest, and have no say in decisions, winners, prize delivery, or any other responsibility thereof.